Skip to main content
 FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS

Being real and in the moment. It's interesting watching how you feel and how the mind takes you on a journey. I wonder if you see that too. I am sharing a few minutes of how I am feeling and thinking. Once shared the moment is gone and I am a different person because of those experiences. Let me explain.
 I am sitting in a chair looking out of my window at the birds as they hop around the garden. No doubt they are looking for food. I add to their harvest with rolled oats which they seem to enjoy along with worms, flies, snails and any other morsel they can find. I smile. Not for the first time I realise how incredible nature is.
 I feel at one in nature equal and a part of the whole. I breath in and feel the air inflate my lungs. The feeling of peace envelopes me as I realise what a fantastic machine the body is. A tingling in my right ear reminds me that my tinnitus is trying to attract my attention. It gets my attention very quickly and the buzzing in my head begins to harmonise with it.
 I notice my breath gets deeper as I accomodate this momentary disturbance that my tinnitus creates. I acknowledge the sound accept it and adjust my mind to become peaceful once more. Breathing in breathing out and not judging the ego's need to distract me from my peace.
The Ego and fear you see which is the background music in my ever fearful mind needs attention to survive.
When I am peaceful and content in the moment denying nothing the ego is redundant. What is this ego I mention? It is the imaginary story, the drama in my head being driven from old programming which is by and large outdated.
Long since have I learned not to allow this overactive mind to rule my world. Rather I invited it in to walk with me and my inner loving self. Although Reluctantly, my mind is being trained to think in a loving compassionate way rather than be ruled by fear guilt and insecurity, which has been my life-story until I realised.
 I couldn't live with myself any longer. My attention was aroused to question this statement I had just made. I am ever watchful of the ego's desire for attention. Any attention will feed its glutinous hunger, it's unrelenting need for drama, its food of choice to survive. I pause and watch my breath going in and then my tummy rise and then a stillness as I hold the breath for a few seconds and then let go of the breath as it gently leaves my body and I am calm.
I move and straighten my legs and become Aware that the position my body was in was creating a pain in my back.
 I automatically take a deep breathe and watch the loving energy created by my thoughts and connected to my feelings of self- love and compassion do their job together. The pain eases and the body relaxes and once again I relax.
 I become Aware and listen to my inner voice, the real me and smile as I remind myself I have choices.  I have control over those choices.
Knowing this,I watch how often if I allowed it, that my mind would try and dictate my responses.
This is the greatest joy. This awareness. This ability to change my thinking and therefore the outcome of how I am living my life. I stand tall. I MATTER. I accept and love everything about myself. I am a part of the whole and not separated by my ego self. I am free to be me.
 Living from this loving awareness and not from the ever present stress that could claim my attention and which drains my energy I am at peace.
I notice that if I allow fear to rule my thinking, as it can try sometimes to do, I momentarily slip into old thinking habits. I become anxious.This leads to feeling tired, scared, insecure and a guilt sets in and I feel like a lost child. Bliss indeed when I rescue myself from this inner drama as I become aware once more and breath deeply. I listen to a voice of love.
The inner voice within myself, caring for the loving child within. I am now in touch with the child inside se is delighted I give her the love and acceptance I give to others. This has freed my spirit. This free spirit which I choose to live my life in is amazing. The delight in everything I see is ever present. Being alone and knowing who you are is the greatest you can Attain and it is waiting for you to claim your inheritance. This moment now gone, shared with you is replaced by peace and an awareness in this new moment.
I breath in and hold the breath I follow the breath as it renews me with fuel from an ever present source within LOVE.                                                     Sue Gaskell-Barlow. December 10th 2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY me WHY now WHY? Have you every wondered why me,why now,why? Today I am asking the Why question with a huge sigh. I am not laughing today you see I feel so sad, So unusual as I usually know how to be glad. Let me share my story It's been over two weeks now since I had felt well or had slept properly. It all began after a visit to the beach. After eating breakfast and thinking what am I going to do with today I decided to go to one of my favourite places at Papamoa. I am a naturist and the beach there is wonderful. I packed my picnic as usual, tuna, salad and fresh fruit a Kiwi fruit this time. I made up a flash of my decaffinated coffee and task completed, I was ready to go. On reflection I didn't feel my best that morning I was tired. My M.E. ( a condition I have had for over twenty years ) was probably telling me to rest and I ignored it. I thought come on Sue let's go on an adventure. I know I was feeling quiet lonely and that's why I pushed myself