Skip to main content
HERE IS A LITTLE STORY ABOUT MY VISIT TO THE SUPERMARKET

I DECIDED TO WALK TO THE SUPERMARKET. PUBLEX. I WAS SURE IT WOULD BE SIMPLE. TURN RIGHT AND WALK STRAIGHT ON. SOUNDS VERY SIMPLE.

Well it turned out very differently. Someone had moved the supermarket! This seems to happen to me more often than I care to remember. "really?" I can hear you say. Let me explain.

It was 7-30,Thursday morning  in the Summer Bay Resort in Orlando. The sun was shining the birds were singing as I made my way out into the street. I had eaten breakfast and almost finished my packing. A little exercise might be a good idea and I did want to get some fresh fruit for my journey. I thought nothing could be simpler. In front of me was at least a half hour drive and then a five hour train journey to Fort Lauderdale more new places to see. I was ready and excited for pastures new. I deviate.
Walking along the delightful path among green lawns and mini waterfalls set in small individual lakes I was very content. The bird life was amazing. Herons, Eagles and small ostrich like birds were just in front of me as I walked and then stopped to share. I had not got my camera so all I had to do was just look. I continued on as the sun began to show reminding me of the beautiful day in front of us.
Walking on and thirty minutes or so later I realised I am almost in the country. 🐝🐞
I came to end of the road and into a cul de sac. It was obvious I was temporarily lost. (again)  I smiled to myself and turned around and began retracing my steps.👣
Singing and walking along I realised not for the first time how fortunate I was. I had 'lost' the ability to worry. I had chosen an easier way of thinking of living, that of accepting without panicking. Remaining focused and aware instead of letting anxiety control me is heaven.
After a few minutes of breathing deeply and gently I could feel a togetherness within. I was already more in control more energised. I was not beating myself up as I decided to go back to the hotel. Almost back at the hotel and getting my bearings, I decided to try just once more to find Publix.
You know what? I can do it. I turned the corner and volla. The supermarket.
I enjoyed my shopping and decided to get the shuttle back. You know. Just in case Someone had decided to move the hotel. 👀





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY me WHY now WHY? Have you every wondered why me,why now,why? Today I am asking the Why question with a huge sigh. I am not laughing today you see I feel so sad, So unusual as I usually know how to be glad. Let me share my story It's been over two weeks now since I had felt well or had slept properly. It all began after a visit to the beach. After eating breakfast and thinking what am I going to do with today I decided to go to one of my favourite places at Papamoa. I am a naturist and the beach there is wonderful. I packed my picnic as usual, tuna, salad and fresh fruit a Kiwi fruit this time. I made up a flash of my decaffinated coffee and task completed, I was ready to go. On reflection I didn't feel my best that morning I was tired. My M.E. ( a condition I have had for over twenty years ) was probably telling me to rest and I ignored it. I thought come on Sue let's go on an adventure. I know I was feeling quiet lonely and that's why I pushed myself